Monday, April 27, 2015

Lesson 1

                   Today, Alyssa and I had our first lesson. We were very successful and we both have our own homework. The lesson felt very short, but we managed to accomplish our goals for that lesson.
                    I taught Alyssa how to correctly hold the cello and the bow. She is still having trouble correcting habits formed from 3 years of playing the viola, but that was expected. She can successfully play a 1 octave D major scale relatively in tune. Though I feel that the next lesson will be much more difficult, considering what I have planned, I believe we will be able to succeed.
                    For the second part of our video, Alyssa was teaching me how to play the viola. I had expected the viola to be easier. It is actually very different from the cello, but I have Alyssa to teach me, so I don't need to worry. I had trouble with finger placement and bow hold, so that is my homework.
                   We took the time to take two videos showing most of our progress and teaching. Those are here:--------->
PART 1





PART 2
 

No comments:

Post a Comment