Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Can I Teach the Cello and Learn the Viola?

              Hello and welcome to my blog! ☺ In my English class we are working on our Genius Hour project. Genius Hour is a project in which the teacher allows the student to take time in class to work on a project they find interesting. I chose to learn the viola and teach someone how to play the cello. I will be working with my friend, Alyssa. she will be teaching me how to play the viola and teach her how to play the cello.

            My inspiration for wanting to learn the viola is my goal of playing 5 instruments. I would also like to be able to play the viola alongside my friend. The viola will be easier to learn than the violin because it is in closer in relation to the cello (the instrument I play☺). They have the same strings and relatively the same finger patterns. Violas are like the cellos' cousins.

             My reason for wanting to teach someone how to play the cello, is because I like teaching. I like to teach others and later see them succeed or enjoy it.
             I hope that our project goes well and that we both get something out of it.
             

2 comments:

  1. Five instruments? Great goal! I can play five instruments: the violin, the triangle, the tambourine, the bongos, and those clicker things. Ha! Hilarious, huh? I'm glad you two are able to collaborate in the same class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very excited to be working with you through this project, and I can't wait to see our outcome. I'm hoping that I will be able to teach you to play the viola. It's definitely going to be harder than I thought, but I'm up for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete